The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff

Kai is currently a junior at Lodi High School. This is their first year on staff.

Dakota Pierquet is currently a junior at Lodi High School. This is her first year in the Writing for Publication class. She has designed a few pages in the yearbook and has written newspaper articles

Sasha Rudnytsky
Sasha Rudnytsky
Newspaper Editor

Sasha Rudnytsky is a junior at Lodi High School and is Editor-in-Chief for the newspaper. Although mainly focusing on work with the newspaper, she has been featured in different broadcast segments. Sasha...

Arrow Schilling
Arrow Schilling
Broadcast Editor

Arrow Schilling is currently a junior at LHS. She joined the publications staff her freshman year and is currently the editor of the broadcast. Arrow plans to continue her path of journalism for the rest...

Christmas Festivities

Photo taken by Pixabay shared via pexels

Holiday traditions are a favorite this time of year. Everyone celebrates with unique customs that make the season special. From baking cookies to drawing names for Secret Santa keeps festivities fun and interesting!

For some, like sophomore Sophia Himes, the best tradition involves a deck of cards. “Every year we play poker at Christmas and Thanksgiving. I won a lot; this year I won $6. It’s always the most memorable part of Christmas for me, and I always enjoy playing,” said Himes.

Unusual holiday meals are also a popular tradition. While turkey and ham are common, seafood is a festive favorite for some families. Freshman Adrianna Odegaard looks forward to a different kind of feast.

“Besides the traditional dishes, we have lobster and crab legs. It’s delicious, and everyone enjoys preparing the food. My grandma usually makes it, and the older adults help, but eating it is the best part,” said Odegaard.

Creating lasting memories is arguably the heart of holiday joy. Math teacher Tyler Kahle cherishes the culinary traditions from his Italian heritage.

“We’re an Italian family, so we prepare heaps of food. We do Christmas the Italian way, with side dishes like lasagna and pasta, which are always a hit. But it’s the process of cooking together and then enjoying the meals in the days leading up to Christmas and on Christmas Eve, and it was always a blast and a half. It was amazing,” Kahle said.

Each family’s holiday traditions are unique, contributing to what makes the season magical. Whether through special meals, games, or other traditions, these practices create cherished memories to reflect upon in years to come. Happy Holidays!