The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff

Dylan Ness is a junior at LHS. He is a writer, reporter, and yearbook staff member. This is his first year taking this class.

Natalie Kieffer is a freshman at Lodi High School. She is currently taking the Writing for Publication class because she has always had the dream of one day getting a job in journalism. Natalie is involved...

Madison McMorris is a sophomore at Lodi High School. This is her first year in Writing for Publication. She loves to take part in everything and to be creative.

Harrison Keyeski is currently a freshman at LHS. He joined Writing for Publication at the beginning of the school year. He has appeared several times in the broadcast and has written multiple scripts....

Fortnite Is Back

creative commons
creative commons

You just get home from a long day of school or work. Your friends tell you to hop on Fortnite. You hop on Fortnite, and you find out it is the new season. The producers brought back the best map in the game. The OG map is back! In your first game, you drop at Tilted Towers and get 20 kills. Then you find a sweat in Salty Springs. They build up, and then you go after them. He builds a box around themselves because you hit them a lot. You build a floor, and you only have one bullet in your sniper, so you have to hit this next shot or you will be eliminated. 

The OG map has the 11 iconic places of people who made crazy clips and iconic moments. Sophomore Jack Bozacki loves the new map. He said his favorite thing is “probably Tilted Tower because I own it.”

Sophomore Grayson Koeppen said he loves the OG map because “it’s fun to hop on the battle bus with all my friends.”

There are 16 weapons in this game. There are four different rarities commonly found at the start of the game. Uncommon would be on the floor, and it would glow green. The better items in the game are blue and up.

Rare items are better than the common and uncommon and could be used in the last part of the game. Epics are most likely to be found in supply drops during the middle and late game, or a player can get lucky and get one from a chest or off the ground. Finally, legendary are the best guns in the game, which players are most likely to get in airdrops. Junior Hayden Tadysak’s favorite gun is “the gold pump because it does 200 in the head; I own you.” 

Junior Ben Crary said, “I like the pump because it’s fun and cool.” 

There are nostalgic skins in Fortnite. There are a lot of skins that streamers have. Some examples are Tfue, which uses the default skin; Lachlan, which uses Code Elf; and LazarBeam, which has Gingy. 

Sophomore Karrell Branch talked about his favorite skin: “I like Peely because he is yellow.” 

Koeppen disagreed and said, “The Sparkle Specialist because it’s really rare and sweaty.”