The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff

Dylan Ness is a junior at LHS. He is a writer, reporter, and yearbook staff member. This is his first year taking this class.

Harrison Keyeski is currently a freshman at LHS. He joined Writing for Publication at the beginning of the school year. He has appeared several times in the broadcast and has written multiple scripts....

Natalie Kieffer is a freshman at Lodi High School. She is currently taking the Writing for Publication class because she has always had the dream of one day getting a job in journalism. Natalie is involved...

Tee Time

Photo taken from Creative Commons, shared via IconScout

What’s the connection between buzzer beaters and buffalo wings? More than you might expect. Seniors Josh Klann and Mason Lane have crafted the “Three Putt Podcast,” a unique blend of sports commentary, personal stories, and a weekly drink review. Originally a lighthearted venture on YouTube, it has since expanded to TikTok and Instagram, capturing the attention of sports enthusiasts and social media users.

The podcast’s name was inspired by their love for golf, and they are said to be notorious for three-putting on the green.

Most of the topics these guys talk about have some order to them, but they are all just pretty random and a way to have fun. One topic talked about is a weekly drink review, where they go out and buy three different flavors of the same drink to try out. One of the fan favorites is Fresca, a citrus-flavored soft drink created by Coca-Cola.

While the “Three Put Podcast” discussions may seem varied and unstructured, there’s a method to their madness. As Josh put it, “We have a loose order to our topics, but we’re mostly here to have a good time and goof around.” This playful approach to their content is a key part of making the podcast enjoyable for their listeners.

Most podcasts have guest speakers, but the “Three Putt Podcast” has one special guest each week. They mainly do this to spice up the podcast by bringing in their friends to discuss sports. Their list of guests continues to grow almost every week, including students like seniors Henry Koeppen and Brady Puls.

The podcast goes through many adventures in the hour-long videos.

As the final seconds tick down on another lively episode of the “Three Putt Podcast,” it’s clear that the connection between buzzer beaters and buffalo wings is about more than just the thrill of the game; it’s about the camaraderie and the shared experiences that bring people together. From their notorious golfing mishaps to the effervescent fizz of a Fresca taste test, Klann and Lane have created a space where sports fans can unwind and be part of a community that celebrates both the wins and the epic three-putts of life. With an ever-growing roster of guests and their spontaneous adventures, “Three Putt Podcast” proves that sometimes the most memorable stories are found not in the scorecards but in the laughter and tales shared between friends. As the podcast continues to expand its reach, one thing is sure: whether you’re a sports enthusiast or just here for the banter, there’s a seat at the table—and a wing on the plate—for everyone.