The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff
Sasha Rudnytsky
Sasha Rudnytsky
Newspaper Editor

Sasha Rudnytsky is a junior at Lodi High School and is Editor-in-Chief for the newspaper. Although mainly focusing on work with the newspaper, she has been featured in different broadcast segments. Sasha...

Ella Johnson
Ella Johnson
Yearbook co-editor

Ella Johnson is a junior at LHS and is a co-editor for the yearbook. She joined the publications staff as a junior. Her main focus has been on the yearbook, but she has also been a part of the broadcast...

Lodi High School Presents

Credit to Creative Commons
Credit to Creative Commons

Lodi High School will present “The Music Man” from November 15 to November 24, 2024. Taking place in 1912, this musical is a story about a conman who goes around selling musical instruments, posing as a band director. Eventually, he makes his way to River City, Iowa. He meets up with his former conman friend, who then suggests he settle down there. He suggests he stop his life of crime but ends up pushing it further into his life. He then starts a boys band and meets a piano teacher, a librarian, who tries to sell him out to the mayor.

After the cast was selected, director Erica Bardwell shared her dedication to this musical: “I felt as though this show fit this particular group of students well.”

She is committed to the rehearsal process and watching the cast learn the show. Lodi is incredibly fortunate to have such a passionate director who works closely with the students. Brimming with excitement, the students eagerly look forward to presenting this musical to the community.

Junior Jadyn Hellenbrand is a seasoned performer in our school’s musicals, as she also played Tanya in last year’s musical, “Mamma Mia.” “Next year’s show will be interesting. I got the role I wanted, and I hope it will be as fun as last year,” Hellenbrand said. She will be playing Mrs. Squires in next year’s musical.

Main Cast List:

Harold Hill – Bentley Smith

Marian Paroo – Jaylin Breunig

Marcellus Washburn – Grant Beyer

Mrs. Paroo – Ellie Fahey

Mayor Shinn – Chase Mass

Eulalie Shinn – Sasha Rudnytsky

The performance will occur in the Lodi High School Performing Arts Center. It’s a unique opportunity to witness the culmination of the student’s talent and hard work. Stay updated for when tickets are posted, and secure them early to ensure you don’t miss out on this spectacular event!