The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff

Madeline Deleon is currently a freshman at Lodi High School. It is her second semester with the staff. She works on broadcast, newspaper, and yearbook.

Olivia Tirrel
Olivia Tirrel
Yearbook Editor

Olivia Tirrel is a junior at Lodi High School and has been a part of the Advocate staff since the 2022-2023 school year. Olivia is the Editor-in-Chief for the Yearbook and is looking forward to improving...

Natalie Kieffer is a freshman at Lodi High School. She is currently taking the Writing for Publication class because she has always had the dream of one day getting a job in journalism. Natalie is involved...

Arrow Schilling
Arrow Schilling
Broadcast Editor

Arrow Schilling is currently a junior at LHS. She joined the publications staff her freshman year and is currently the editor of the broadcast. Arrow plans to continue her path of journalism for the rest...

Our Volleyball Team

Lodi is a very well-rounded school. Lodi has a wide variety of activities, from music and theater programs to science clubs and math teams. One of the things Lodi prides itself on amongst these amazing extracurriculars is their sports like the volleyball team. As a team, they are currently 12-12. 

To get some other opinions, three freshmen players were asked about the team and this year’s season. One of the athletes was Jaylee Busser.  

“The best part of this year has probably been hanging out with my friends because I haven’t seen them in a while and I’ve made new friendships,” said Busser. 

Making new friends comes with meeting new people and looking up to someone older. 

“Someone I look up to is Brianna Kurt because she’s super nice and she helps people out when they need help. And she’s really encouraging to the lower classmen and to people that don’t really know what they’re doing. She’s also a really hard worker,” said Olivia Hocking. 

Underclassmen really look up to the older grades and follow in their footsteps although upperclassmen don’t often see it. One of these underclassmen is Jaylin Breunig. 

“I love volleyball because every play is different and it’s also very much a team sport and no one’s alone on the team,” said Breunig.

It’s so exciting to see students coming up to our high school team! They are such incredible athletes. I’m very excited to see how their volleyball journey continues throughout their high school career!