Haunted Homecoming: A Success or Scare?

Abby Volk, Reporter

The seniors and juniors tied for all of our homecoming activities this year. Senior Lilly Callahan and junior Jacobo Castillo Rosales each won a T-Rex race. The juniors secured victories in the tug of war, dodgeball, and best float. On the other hand, the seniors triumphed in the best banner, t-shirt, and powderpuff competitions. The scores were 14-0 against the sophomores and 7-0 against the juniors. Our homecoming court consisted of TJ Mickelson and Lexi Meek, Claire Morgan and Colton Mefford, Brody Roessler and Anna Ladwig, Karley Sampson and Jaden Gallagher, Kaylie Lincoln and Caroline Karls, Emma Cahalane and Brooke Bacon, and Jade Homewood and Lily Strong. The homecoming royalty was crowned as Ebony Ludeking and Erik Dachel.

I had the opportunity to ask some questions to the homecoming advisor, Mrs. Puls, along with three seniors, Ari Swadley, Jade Homewood, and Mae Collyard. This year’s homecoming theme, Halloween, has been somewhat controversial. Ari Swadley said, “I love the theme, I love Halloween.” Jade Homewood said she’s “not upset about it, but it could’ve been worse.” Mae Collyard mentioned, “It is not my favorite because I think it is a little too early to celebrate.”

Mrs. Puls’ favorite part of being a homecoming advisor is “working with the senior class officers and seeing how their plans and visions come together for the float, banner, and dance.” As for what they are looking forward to most, Mae said she was excited to see everyone dressed up, Jade was eager for the parade, and Ari was looking forward to seeing everyone’s costumes.

For the homecoming dress-up, Mae dressed as a Barbie Princess, Jade did something with Disney, and Ari was Little Red Riding Hood, accompanied by Andy, who dressed as the wolf. Lastly, Mrs. Puls mentioned that her dance was more formal compared to our homecoming, resembling prom. She added that her court had someone from every class and extracurricular, and they didn’t have a powderpuff football game, which she would have loved to participate in.