The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff

Dakota Pierquet is currently a junior at Lodi High School. This is her first year in the Writing for Publication class. She has designed a few pages in the yearbook and has written newspaper articles

Madeline Deleon is currently a freshman at Lodi High School. It is her second semester with the staff. She works on broadcast, newspaper, and yearbook.

Jadyn Hellenbrand
Jadyn Hellenbrand
Newspaper co-editor

Jadyn Hellenbrand is a Junior at Lodi High School. She joined the Publications her sophomore year and has advanced herself to the co-editor position of the newspaper. She does other things for the publications,...

Girls Breaking Barriers

Photo by: Lodi Wrestling Club

At Lodi High School, girls are grappling with more than just opponents on the wrestling mat–they’re fighting for a space of their own in the form of a girls-only wrestling team.

Photo by: Lodi Wrestling Club

Wrestling teaches the girls to set goals and to achieve them. It also teaches the hard work on and off the mat this year. Wrestling head coach Cody Endres is a big part of making the wrestling team what it is and helping it through is best and worse.

“We’re setting our sights on accomplishing lofty goals this season. However, these guys (and girls) know that before success comes work, effort, sacrifices, failures, and wisdom,” said Endres.

Wrestling is an amazing opportunity to teach wrestlers to set expectations for themselves and to work for them and reach them and meet success with them. Lodi’s first ever assistant girl’s wrestling coach Jamie Licht is making history for girls wrestling all over, not just in Lodi.

“Our expectations for the girls wrestling team is learning the techniques it involves, improving after matches and having a positive mindset. We are going to be the happiest, hardworking, competitive team out there! Grow Girls Wrestling!” said Licht.

It also helps the girls see the hard work it takes to put into starting something like making a girls-only wrestling team and to see the amount of support they have from the community. Junior Grant Beyer is a wrestler who has been on a team with the girls since September and has seen the work they have put in.

“I think it’s really cool that there’s like a huge push on all, not just like Wisconsin or like just Lodi, but I think it’s really cool that they wanted to come out and have their own team and are included like every team. I think it’s really cool,” said Beyer.

To sum up, just a small part of why the girls having their own girls wrestling team is a good idea and should be supported. We hope to see you at all of the home wrestling events and maybe some away ones, too. Come and support the girls who are on a mission to make an impact in girls wrestling!