The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff

Madeline Deleon is currently a freshman at Lodi High School. It is her second semester with the staff. She works on broadcast, newspaper, and yearbook.

Keyton Lord is a junior at Lodi High School. This is his first year taking this class.

Natalie Kieffer is a freshman at Lodi High School. She is currently taking the Writing for Publication class because she has always had the dream of one day getting a job in journalism. Natalie is involved...

Addison Woolley
Addison Woolley
Social Media Manager

Addison Woolley is a junior at Lodi High School for the 2023-24 school year. She has been a part of the publications class for two years and plans on continuing until she graduates. She is currently working...

Behind the Lights

Lodi Cheer Team
Matt McMorris
Lodi Cheer Team

Behind the scenes of the dances, stunts, and chants for the performances for our own Friday Night Lights, the cheer squad has been working really hard to make the best for the fans. It might not seem like the cheer team does a lot with the sport, but the squad puts in a lot of effort in taking roles on the team to get things accomplished.

The Advocate talked to a few different people about the different roles they have on the team. Every year, their biggest fundraiser is the youth and Little Devil program, for which sophomore Maya Houdek choreographs the dances. 

¨Finding out dances is fun but very hard to find appropriate and slow songs that are still fun for them, it’s like a hobby of mine,” Houdek said.

They are in the process of making the senior night halftime performance. One of the freshmen, Aubrey Lord, is coming up with an amazing dance to add to the performance. 

¨It’s really cool that the coaches are letting different people pitch in and use their creativity to add dances in our halftime rather than just one person doing it all on their own. But it’s really fun, and I think it will turn out well,¨ Lord said.

With all these dances the team is learning, they are also learning new stunts during practice like ¨a really cool pyramid where we have two halves and throw someone into a full lib to throw her back leg into an arabesque and she dips twice to switch into a hitch. It’s super cool! We’re gonna do it on senior night!” said freshman Keira Cartwright.

As the season comes to an end, the team has bonded and learned so much that they can take into the following seasons.