The Devil’s Advocate

The Student News Site of Lodi High School

The Devil’s Advocate

The Devil’s Advocate

Meet the Staff

Kai is currently a junior at Lodi High School. This is their first year on staff.

Dylan Ness is a junior at LHS. He is a writer, reporter, and yearbook staff member. This is his first year taking this class.

Jadyn Hellenbrand
Jadyn Hellenbrand
Newspaper co-editor

Jadyn Hellenbrand is a Junior at Lodi High School. She joined the Publications her sophomore year and has advanced herself to the co-editor position of the newspaper. She does other things for the publications,...

Autumn Delights

Autumn Delights

Imagine walking through an apple orchard in the middle of fall. You see many pumpkins of all sizes, colors, and shapes out on display as you walk on the crunchy, fallen leaves in the damp morning. Gentle rays of sunlight break through the fog and brush over your face, highlighting your path as you walk on. This is the fall vibe, but why do people like it?

A common reason to like a season is for the holidays that are present within. Many people enjoy winter because of Christmas. Halloween tends to be a very popular holiday, and it happens right around the corner of fall. Senior Grace Wetzel is a person who enjoys the scary holiday.

“I really like all the spooky costumes and the candy, and you can watch a lot of scary movies. I really like things like that,” said Wetzel.

The spooky season of Halloween, along with the days becoming shorter, really brings a lot of attention to the season of fall. Candy is always a fun, added bonus too! 

Another favorite aspect of the season is the changing colors of the leaves. Many trees change the color of their leaves. Some examples are maples, oaks, and aspens. They have gorgeous shades of red, yellow, and orange. Many people like to go to orchards and pumpkin patches to enjoy the scenery with a cup of hot chocolate. Another person by the name of Izzy Bahe can be found outside a lot during this weather.

“I love all the colors of the leaves and when it gets cooler outside with the weather change,” said Bahe.

The weather truly is changing, as is the aroma. Smell is a very important sense to add to a mood or aesthetic. When we think of fall, we can imagine scents like cinnamon, pumpkin, pine, pumpkin spice, and really anything earthy. Sophomore Lexie Bishop has many fall scents around her house, such as the ones listed above.

“My favorite smells would have to be pumpkin pecan waffles cause it smells really warm and sweet,” said Bishop.

Leaf-ing it here (pun totally intended), the question of autumn was finally answered. With pumpkin spice and everything nice, this autumn season is going to be amazing!